USA-TKJ ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
Officers & Directors
Central Technical Committee
Traditional Research Section
High Dan Board
· Food & Housing Services
· Transportation Services
Rank Certification Board
· Oversight Committee
Educational and Collegiate Development
A Working Partnership -
The special contributions of both the National Directors/Board Members and the Federation’s Members are essential ingredients to make a "Working Partnership" of the USA-TKJ Leadership Team.
NATL. DIRECTORS / BOARD AND REGIONAL LEADERS & MEMBERS BRING -
1. Special abilities, skills, & insights which are needed by the Federation.
1. Knowledge of traditions & ideals of Traditional Kodokan Judo.
1. Legal foundation of USA-TKJ, knowledge, continuity, & identification of needs & interests of people in the martial arts community and the general public.
2. Technical skill in Traditional Kodokan Judo.
3. Awareness of potential financial support from the amateur sports and/or corporate community based on interests and concerns.
4. Ability to discern interest and needs of Judoka & knowledge of resources which can increase the scope of services to meet the needs.
5. Credibility & confidence to the USA-TKJ & its work in the martial arts community.
6. Awareness of current & future changes in the Judo Community and ability to make decisions which are responsive to these conditions.
A "Working Partnership" of the USA-TKJ National Directors / Board Members and its Members will thrive on open & honest communications, a shared sense of responsibility, and a climate of mutual support.
Organizational Goals -
The Programs of the USA Traditional Kodokan Judo (USA-TKJ) are based on the following statement of purpose:
1. As stated by the Articles of Incorporation of the USA-TKJ:
Our Mission - USA Traditional Kodokan Judo (USA-TKJ) ® is to unify American Judoka with a Foundation of Mutual Respect and Mutual Benefit for All and to provide services / guidance to foster Technical Excellence, Fellowship and Human Character Development. As the USA National Governing Body for Judo with the World Judo Federation (WJF), USA-TKJ selects, prepares and sends the Official USA TEAMS to Continental, International & World Level Competitions.
Objectives developed to achieve this purpose, helping its members to:
1. Develop the various schools and groups of Traditional Kodokan Judo into a unit working together for a common goal.
2. Develop self-confidence and self-respect and an appreciation of their worth as individuals.
3. Grow as responsible members within their respective Judo Clubs & Schools and be positive citizens within their communities.
4. Appreciate that health of mind and body is a sacred gift and that physical fitness and mental well-being are conditions to be achieved and maintained.
5. Recognize the worth of all persons, and work for interracial and inter-group understanding through Traditional Kodokan Judo.
6. Develop a sense of world-mindedness, and work for world-wide understanding through Traditional Kodokan Judo.
7. Develop their capacities for leadership and help them to use this responsibility in their own Judo Clubs or Schools and in community life.
Program Goals -
IN GIVING EFFECT TO THE PURPOSE AND GOALS OF THE ORGANIZATION, THE USA-TKJ CHOOSES TO, AND WILL STRIVE FOR:
Excellence in Traditional Kodokan Judo
Demonstrate its commitment to the further technical development of Judo & service to its Members through its National Directors / Board Members, Volunteers, Staff, Programs and Activities.
International Understanding and Unity in Traditional Kodokan Judo
Join with others locally, nationally, and around the world to recognize the unique qualities of all Judoka and provide the fairest (politics free) promotion system in American Judo.
Building Character & Interpersonal Relationships
Provide programs and activities that build a sense of personal self-worth, strengthen family and develop an appreciation of interpersonal relationships through the study & participation in Traditional Kodokan Judo.
Physical and Mental Well Being
Provide motivation and opportunity for achievement of physical and mental well being through Traditional Kodokan Judo Programs, skill training, self-defense, conditioning and competition activities.
Recruit and develop volunteer and paid personnel to assure growth and productivity in the achievement of USA-TKJ's program goals.
Planning and Financial Resources
Institute and maintain a corporate planning and financial development process for the achievement of USA-TKJ's program goals.
Core Programs -
1. Technical, Philosophical and Leadership Development in Traditional Kodokan Judo.
2. A National and International Network of Judoka.
3. National & International Judo Rank Certification for the USA-TKJ Membership.
4. Written USA-TKJ Rank Requirements available to all USJJF Members.
5. A "Non-Political" Promotion System for all USA Judoka.
6. High Quality Training Materials (including Posters, Videos & Books) in Kodokan Judo.
7. Internationally Standardized Competition Rules for both "Shiai", Kata and Self-Defense Style" Competition.
8. National & International Referee Training and Certification.
9. The Finest Professional Website for all Judoka.
10. Instructor / Examiner Certification.
11. Coaching Training and Certification.
12. The development of the USA National Kodokan Judo Institutes and National Kodokan Judo Training Centers for expert training in both Traditional and Competitive Ju-Jitsu.
13. Local, Regional, National and International Competition Programs and Events for all members of USA-TKJ.
14. International Exchange Programs and Services with other National Judo Organizations of the WJF & MAIF.
Dividing the Work -
Policies are principles, selected from available alternatives, which provide a course of action. They are stated broadly enough to encompass the full range of anticipated actions and narrowly enough to provide definite guidance. They are guides to the National Directors / Board Members who set specific rules and regulations to provide direction in the development of Traditional Kodokan Judo and the USA-TKJ.
THE DISTINCTION BETWEEN THE FUNCTIONS OF THE NATIONAL DIRECTORS / BOARD MEMBERS AND THE REGIONAL LEADERS IS:
1. POLICY DETERMINATION – POLICY DETERMINATION – is the responsibility of the NATIONAL DIRECTORS / BOARD MEMBERS as defined in the Bylaws of the USA Traditional Kodokan Judo (USA-TKJ). This responsibility is derived from their legal status and their relationship to both the martial arts community and the general public. Their action establishes policy.
2. POLICY FORMULATION – is the task of "BOTH" the NATIONAL DIRECTORS / BOARD MEMBERS and the REGIONAL LEADERS. In this they cooperate, each bringing their special insights, experience, and skills to bear on the concerns or opportunities involved. is the task of "BOTH" the NATIONAL DIRECTORS / BOARD MEMBERS and the REGIONAL LEADERS. In this they cooperate, each bringing their special insights, experience, and skills to bear on the concerns or opportunities involved. POLICY FORMULATION – is the task of "BOTH" the NATIONAL DIRECTORS / BOARD MEMBERS and the REGIONAL LEADERS. In this they cooperate, each bringing their special insights, experience, and skills to bear on the concerns or opportunities involved.
3. POLICY EXECUTION – is the responsibility of the OFFICERS and the – is the responsibility of the OFFICERS and the – is the responsibility of the OFFICERS and the REGIONAL LEADERS in the USA-TKJ Regional Judo Organizations. Once policies are established, it is the task of the Regional Judo Leaders to see that the policies are carried out. USA-TKJ Members may participate in this, but the Regional Leaders are ultimately responsible to see that policies are placed into action, regardless of who engages in the tasks involved.
USA-TKJ Serves All American Judokas in Traditional Kodokan Judo...